- This event has passed.
Five to Thrive
February 25 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Learn 5 actions we can all take that can help improve mental health and enable us to thrive in life.
This FREE 6 week course is aimed at anyone who is unemployed or over 50.
- Session 1: Introduction to the nationally recognised ‘5 Ways to Wellbeing’ developed by the New Economics Foundation. In this session, you will also explore what wellbeing means to you.
- Session 2: Giving promotes cooperation and social connection. This session reveals why we enjoy giving; whether that is through volunteering, helping a neighbour or giving a gift. It turns out it’s actually good for us too.
- Session 3: Relating to others is a human instinct. Understand how connecting with others is in fact intrinsic to your overall wellbeing.
- Session 4: Exercise is scientifically proven to improve physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. This session explores how you can make small, sustainable changes to integrate more exercise into your life.
- Session 5: Appreciating things is linked to positive wellbeing and overall happiness. This session encourages you to really take notice of the world around you, be in the present moment and to pay attention to what you are grateful for.
- Session 6: Trying something new keeps your mind active. Identify the benefits of learning something new in this session and make a plan how you can implement each of the ‘5 Ways to Wellbeing’ into your life.
6 weekly sessions from 25th February – 31st March 2020
Tuesdays | 11:00am – 1:00pm
3 Belmont Road Wrexham LL13 7PW