- This event has passed.
MHFA Wales – Mental Health First Aid
January 30 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm£150
The MHFA (Wales) course is a national training programme for Wales which is licensed and developed by Training in Mind. The internationally recognised training course teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist but, just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
Adult MHFA courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards. Every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended an accredited Instructor Training programme, and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn.
What will I learn?
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions. It is a practical skills and awareness course designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
2 day sessions on 30th January and February 6th, 2019
Wednesdays | 9:00am – 5:30pm
3 Belmont Road | Wrexham LL13 7PW
Cost: £150 – you can book online here (gldn.gg/e/MHFAW300119)
Please bring a packed lunch as none is provided.
To find out more about any of these sessions, please call 01978 364777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.